Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Blueberries Chia pudding/breakfast


I made chia pudding for breakfast. That is the most easy thing to do in the world, lols. As i'm sure many of you read in other blogs or websites, Chia seeds take up to 10 times their weight in liquid. You can sprinkle it over whatever you are eating too but it s better to soak them because it will try to get the water from your body if you eat a lot in a go. You can read about this on the net i've put a wiki but there are website about this too.


I decided to add a bit of carob and cacao in my almond milk (and other spices and date paste) this week so I used it to make my pudding and added a couple of frozen blueberries and stired for a while because if you don't do this it will all stick together. This I did yesterday evening because i wanted it for dessert, but I finally decided to put it in the fridge overnight.

What I usually do in the morning during the week when I don't have time to do my smoothie is blend together whatever i want with the chia seeds and bring it to work (shaking it once in a while in the metro, you should see people looking at me funny) by the time i get there it s ready to eat :o)
Before it set
Ready

I have to be really honest and say that it took me a while to appreciate that kind of pudding. I had read everywhere how wonderful it was etc. so I had big expectation when i made it... I really couldn't eat it, it was a question of texture for me and there is still a seed in there, i'm used to masticate whatever i'm eating and it s not a good idea with this if you want to like it. It s bit like tapioca but with a tiny seed inside and it can get stuck if you have spaces in between your teeth you get the picture.

But with every nutriment in this I really wanted to use it. Of course you can put it in smoothies, dehydrated craquers. What I found, personally, was that the more i put in with the seed the better i liked it (dried fruits, soft nuts, goji berries, spices, etc.). You can simply put water of course.

Well there you go!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, I've been trying to figure out the simplest ways to pimp up my chia pudding, so now I know that anything goes as long as they are your fav healthy ingredients and some nut or hemp milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lols i'm so happy to hear this! you are exactly right! ok sometimes the end result is not so good but it's always worth to try.

    ReplyDelete