Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lemon and Dill Zucchini Chips



I talked about this recipe a while ago but got lazy and never did it. Like I said then, i'm trying to find a substitute for vinegar chips. This recipe is from Tout Cru dans le Bec (all in French but very nice place for info) and calls for 1 or 2 big zucchini 2 table spoon fresh squeezed lemon, 1 table spoon of olive oil, 2 table spoons of fresh dill, one fresh date (or a bit of maple sirup), a bit of salt.

You put that in the mixer and then put on thinly sliced chuzhinni (I had to make more of the stuff because it didn't cover like I wanted, I ended up using 3 time the recipe). You put in the dehydrator at 115 Farenheith about 5 hours (it wasn't cruchy enough for me when i took it out, but that's a question of taste)

I had some of the liqui left so i decided to try of couple of kale also to see what the fuss is all about. It was fine but i think there was not enough of the marinade left for to taste on the kale chips.

1 comment:

  1. just an update on this, it tasted toooo much of lemon in the end. Some people did like it anyway.

    ReplyDelete