Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Almond milk



Follow this link for a complete step by step to make almond milk. I couldn't have done it better which is why i'm not making a post about it.

The only thing I would add is that I do it in a regular blender just blend longer and quantity of almonds versus water depends on how thick you want it to look like. The first time I did it, it was way too watery for me and I had followed the recipe in my book (4 cups of water for 1 cup of almond), now if I want 4 cups I put 1 1/2 to 2 cups of soaked almonds.

And yes, it does really look like milk. I shake it once in a while, the final product separates itself and it is normal, it's still good don't worry, after 5 days I make another. You'll know right away by smell if it's still good. It doesn't smell disgusting but very different.

No comments:

Post a Comment