Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Crème fraîche and Tofu?

Tofu

Alright, i didn't make tofu with crème fraîche, but while I was making the pesto I started a recipe to make your own tofu, I wont get into it because I have not succeeded but after another try I'll go through the process. It's not bad, the texture is just not right, but still, here are a couple of pics of the end result (I was so stressed making this I completely forgot to take pic of the process. I followed the recipe at this link and I chose to use apple cider vinegar as coagulant, so next time i'll use the other choices.
Now marinating in tamari, olive oil, water,
garlic, ginger and spices
I'll make another post to tell you guys if it was good

Crème fraîche

Tomorrow i'll be making a tabbouleh with quinoa and inside. In the original recipe it was with a creme of Tahini (yum) but there was an alternate version with a creme with cashews.

So I made this right away so one less step for tomorrow. Also, I give you the original quantities, but I did half of the recipe because it makes about 2 1/2 cup of the stuff.

2 cups of dry cashews (force of habit I had soaked them, but it seems you don't have to for this recipe and it impacted on the texture, mine was more liquid)
2 cups of water
1 lemon (juice only)
1 teaspoon of sea salt

Blend everything until it becomes a silky puree. You like or you don't honestly, for me blended in something else I like it, but by itself not so much. You can put it on appetizers for a final touch on vegetable or even on top of a mushroom filled with whatever farce in it. :o) Good for a week.
To give you an idea of how much you end up with with half the recipe



No comments:

Post a Comment