Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pistachio Pesto

Ok so Friday i bought stuff at the grocery and Saturday I was ready to roll.




I did a recipe from the Crudessence book (RawEssence) but I didn't have any basil so I used cilantro. If
you do have basil, use it. The end result was very good, there'll be none wasted! But I missed the kick the basil gave to that recipe. Simple to do but read everything before starting (you have to soak the nuts first)

Half a cup of Pistachios
1/3 cup of cashews
1 cup of fresh basil (leave and stem) tightly packed
1 1/2 clove of garlic
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt

Soak the pistachios and the cashews for 4 hours, Rinse well after.

In blender reduce all the ingredients to a smooth and creamy paste (it may take a while for those of us who DON'T have a Vitamix, sigh)

You can keep in in the fridge for a week in an hermetic container OR 6 months in the freezer (some people like to pit it in ice cube pans and take what they need.

You end up with about 1 1/2 cup of it.

I use it for zucchini spaghetti or dip

No comments:

Post a Comment