Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spaghetti Sauce

I was making a batch of Nachos and I decided to make a spaghetti sauce  with (read to the end before doing anything) :
2 tomatoes
packed half cup of dried tomatoes
half tablespoon of date paste
1 small carrot (for a full rounded 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup chopped oignon
half a clove of garlic
1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
1/4 cup of chopped celery
1/4 rounded cup of red pepper (mild)
1 or 2 teaspoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
1 tablespoon of fresh basil (didn't have any so I put coriander)
NOTE: I do this in my blender so you really really have to chop your carrot in small pieces if you don't want to kill your blender lol.

Start by reduce the tomatoes to puree, add the dried tomatoes leave there for at least 8 to 10 min (while you chop everything else).  Then grind everything together and add the rest of the ingredients. Make a sauce with it but if you want it to still have chucks don't blend too much.

Add  parsley and basil (or coriander) and blend like 5 seconds. Can be kept 5 to 8 days in an hermetic container. Want more? double it. (I got 2 cups of this yummy thing)


Now don't tell me this doesn't look incredible! It's gorgeous AND delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment