Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Eggplant Bacon (from Crudessence book)

Now this, this is wonderful, I just can't get enough of this 'bacon'. It's spicy, it sweet. I found this recipe inside another from the book.  You can put this in sandwiches, brake it in salads. I just love eating it like chips but it is spicy. I also tripled the recipe for this as I wanted more of this to share at the office. You know who you are yes, yes you! ;o)





350 g eggplants (1 eggplant) take off the skin

Marinate in :

2 table spoon of Tamari sauce (i use the one with no wheat) or namashoyu
2 table spoon of maple sirup (i know! creasy!)
1/4 teaspoon of Chipotle (powder)
1/2 tablespoon of dried tomatoes
2 teaspoon of olive oil

Thinly slice the eggplant (on the long side) with a mandolin. mix the other ingredients in a bol and put the slices in and move things around so that everything has some.

Put on dehydrator's trays, do not let the slices touch each other. Dehydrate at 105F for 4 to 6 hours.

Put in a hermetic container and you can keep it for 2 months (but it won't last that long, lol)

The time you leave it depends on what texture you want it to have, the first time I did it I wanted it really crispy (it would snap when i broke it) so I put the full 6 hours, but this time I did maybe 4h30 to 5h.

No comments:

Post a Comment