Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Pecan Terrine with Fresh Fennel

What you want is to look like, if really
really patient make it even more smooth
This 'pâté' is inspired by, you've guessed it, my Crudessence book. It's made originally with dill but I didn't have any so I used the bushy leaves of fennel. I'll put in red the changes, also I've cut the recipe in half so you can double no problem but be aware that if you double this recipe you end up with about 2,5 cups of it (and you can keep it in the fridge only 3 to 4 days). As always, read everything before beginning.

Ingredients

half a cup of sunflower nuts
1/3 cup of pecans
half tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (*or one tablespoon of the apple cider only, I decided to had the second one just for fun, but was afraid that if I used only cassis vinegar it would taste too strong)
half tablespoon of cassis vinegar *
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1/8 cup of sunflower oil
1 tablespoon of water
14 cup of shopped parsley (I used italian)
1/8 cup of fennel leaves
1/4 teaspoon (or to taste)
2 pinch of salt (sea)

not in original recipe: white part of a green onion, 5 capers, 6 black olives, black pepper and of course the cassis vinegar.


First look
Soak nuts overnight (8 hours). Rinse and trow out water. Put nuts in processor and process (duh) until (just to respect the authors of the book, I have to say that you originally had to mix the pecans fist until puréed, but I have no patience for that), put the rest of ingredient and process until you get a creamy texture. NOW this is the part where you've GOT to have the patience of a saint (unless you have a Vitamix or Omega lucky buggers).
all muched up

You are going to have to scrape the bowl once in a while. It's a tedious process that's for sure, but it's really a tasty treat.  I usually put part of the water and oil but keep some for when processing, if find it goes easier to get to the texture I want.

Good for crackers, sandwiches, with vegetables, my personal favorite as a sushi filing with a sheet of nori, covered with a rice sheet. Yum, Yum!

Mid process

End process


No comments:

Post a Comment